Wednesday 13 March 2013

Design Inspiration

I am a firm believer that if you buy things you truly love, you don't need to worry if they 'go together', they automatically will. It's just about finding the right combination. In our home I mix all sorts of styles, new, vintage, handmade and of course, child made items :). For months we had paper snowflakes hanging in the window that the munchkins had made at school and to me, it looked perfect. We have lived in this house for a year and a half now and we are finally able to add our own touches to it. If it was up to me we would knock down all the walls as I love open plan living, however, it seems we do need certain walls to keep the house standing, or so I am told ;).  At the moment we are rejigging our charts and I am contemplating using two of our own vintage tree charts to hang next to each other in the living room: 



 I am also testing out these two looks at the moment, what do you think?





To get some inspiration I love flicking through home magazines and my latest favorite source is houzz.com. They have an app as well and what a fab one it is! Glossy pictures and great ideas, have a look if you don't have it already! Beware though, it's a black hole of design and will suck you in for hours ;)  Below are some of our favorite pictures we drool over regularly.


                      This is Erin's kitchen, over at the.theimpatientgardener.com.






2 comments:

  1. I love these charts and actually have one, but it has wrinkle in it. Do you have any helpful hints on getting the creases out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine,

    Would you be able to send me a picture of the chart? That way I can assess what the wrinkle is and what you might be able to do about it. You can email me at: linda@bonnieandbell.com.

    Kindly,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete